Mechanical Test Technician
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
This Mechanical Test Technician will work primarily in our Marina office, responsible for the assembly, operation, troubleshooting, and decommissioning of test equipment. The Mechanical Test Technician will install instrumentation, develop work instructions when needed, and operate the test equipment. The test technician will collect, store and report test data including digital data file handling and audio / video recordings documenting tests and test equipment. The test technician will have the primary responsibility to troubleshoot systems on the test stands and work with engineers to resolve issues with test and data acquisition equipment.
- Assemble, operate, and uninstall test equipment
- Use digital and analog systems and instruments to collect and report test data and test media
- Build and maintain complete records for all testing
- Aid with development and improvement of technical work procedures and process documentation
- Troubleshoot test equipment and maintain organized records of calibration, maintenance, and repairs
- Recommend mechanical test specimen designs appropriate for the testing conditions and equipment capability
- Work with the materials research team and design engineers to ensure effective testing
- Work with external mechanical testing vendors to communicate testing conditions and data collection standards
- Prepares material specimens for testing
- Performs tests as directed
- Assemble, operate, and uninstall various test fixtures and other laboratory equipment to ensure proper working order with little supervision
- 2+ years metals testing environment or mechanical/industrial setting
- Hands-on attitude, detail-oriented work habits, and a strong ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Experience with mechanical testing of metallic materials and manufacturing drawings
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of instrumentation and test tools, hand and power tools, and precision analysis tools • Working knowledge of laboratory/manufacturing safety
- Able to analyze and compile testing data from the tests performed
- Familiarity and knowledge of material properties for various metals
- Ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, crouch around machines, and lift up to 50 lbs regularly
- Experience in metal and/or polymer additive manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a Nadcap accredited and/or AS9100/ISO9000 environment
- Experience building test plan and conditions for material design database
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or another relevant discipline
- 5+ years in metal mechanical testing environment
- Prior experience with instrumentation and data acquisition systems
- Experience with standard machine equipment including mills, lathes, and band saws
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing