Electrical Engineer for Manufacturing Test Development
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, full electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion on the ground, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is seeking a motivated and organized manufacturing test engineer to help with the development of End-of-line (EoL) testing for Airborne Electronics equipment such as low voltage computers, high voltage power electronics, and motors & servos. The position is based in our San Carlos location, and the manufacturing test engineer will actively work with various teams at Joby Aviation, including design engineering, manufacturing engineering, production, integration and test, quality, factory system, certification and more. This role will operate in a fast paced, demanding, and rewarding environment with very high expectations for individual contribution.
- Work with board designers to obtain the test requirements for EoL acceptance test procedures (ATP)
- Define and develop the test procedures based on defined requirements to support testing needs and allow growth for the future
- Work with Certification Engineers to determine if EoL testing meets certification requirements
- Work with third party vendors to design, build and test the test fixtures by working with mechanical engineers and PCB designers
- Define maintenance and calibration requirements for each functional test equipment
- Aid in the assembly, automation, and maintenance of the functional test fixture
- Introduce new products on schedule by coordinating with Design Engineering and Program Management.
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering or relevant field
- 1 to 5 years of experience in manufacturing test engineering
- Demonstrate organizational skills and attention to details
- Demonstrate the ability to multitask between multiple projects
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience with manufacturing aerospace or electrical vehicle projects
- Able to develop LabView/Python scripts for test automation
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing