Corporate & Securities Attorney
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
We are seeking a talented attorney to lead our Capital Markets, Governance, and Securities work at a time of immense growth. You will work on key strategic initiatives for the Company in a variety of areas, including capital markets, fundraising, investor relations, securities, governance, and other corporate matters. This is the perfect position for someone who desires the opportunity to be creative, make a big impact, and add immediate value.
- Develop procedures to ensure compliance with securities related regulatory requirements applicable to publicly traded companies and corporate governance initiatives
- Provide legal/SEC advice to finance and investor relations function on earnings releases, 8-Ks, earnings transcripts and all other investor communications; support on drafting of annual proxy statement and coordination of annual stockholders meeting
- Provide legal support on broad range of other general corporate matters as this role ideally will be able to provide support as needed to corporate legal team, which can include broader corporate secretary functions, entity management, periodic SEC reporting, Section 16 compliance, ESG engagement and reporting, and other corporate transactions as needed
- Manage the administration of the Company’s insider trading policy
- Oversee the creation, management, and dissolution of domestic and foreign entities, including the policies and procedures for establishing entities, managing and approving corporate powers, assisting with annual reporting, and performing periodic compliance audits
- Provide legal support and project manage capital market and other financing transactions, from initial stages through diligence, negotiation of definitive agreements and closing and all post-closing matters (including on-going compliance matters)
- Support transactions and matters, including working on dividend and stock repurchase programs and charitable support or foundations
- Support stock administration, including review of equity plans and compliance with local securities regulations worldwide
- Responsible for tracking, executing, designing, facilitating, monitoring and collaborating with tax professionals concerning intercompany work relationships and transactions among and between the various corporate entities
- Assist with other legal corporate projects as requested
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role dedicated to advising public companies on securities and transactional matters, in either a law firm or in-house
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex legal subject matter to colleagues, as well as senior executives and board members
- An ability to create operational efficiencies in a rapidly growing, cutting-edge company
- A track record of conducting careful and thoughtful analysis of complex corporate governance and securities law issues, and applying such analysis to produce high quality work
- JD and California bar admission, or qualify for California’s Out-of-State Attorney Registered In-House Counsel Program
- Strong knowledge and good understanding of corporate governance trends and issues
- Strong knowledge of public company board and committee functions
- Familiarity with NYSE and NASDAQ stock exchange regulations
- Self-starter, proactive, detail and deadline oriented
- Aerospace and start-up experience a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing