This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is seeking a Network Engineer with extended skills in administration, virtualization, and storage systems to ensure that the company infrastructure is robust, scalable, and efficient in order to deliver IT services within a stable network environment.This position is responsible for configuring, installing and troubleshooting infrastructure hardware with the ability to resolve network issues in a timely manner. This position is also responsible for troubleshooting wired and wireless connectivity and working with staff, contractors, and vendors to resolve system and network integration issues.
- Configures servers, routing, switching, wireless connectivity, performance monitoring, and network management
- Implements network security best practices, network security tools, and performs network audits as necessary
- Interfaces with ISPs and other vendors to configure and maintain external connectivity and externally hosted services
- Installs, diagnoses, repairs, maintainins, and upgrades hardware, software, and related equipment to ensure optimal performance
- Strong interpersonal skills, independence and initiative, excellent communication, and ability to work and adapt in a fast-paced environment across multiple regions and time zones
- Highly organized with an attention to detail and processes
- Ability to move/carry/lift IT equipment as necessary, including PCs, servers, and networking equipment (routers, switches, etc.)
- Participate in evening/weekend work as required; flexibility to work weekend schedules for monitoring and managing infrastructure on an as needed basis
- B.S. in software engineering or any Information Technology field OR 4+ yeas of work experience in Information Technology with any degree
- 5+ Years experience in commercial/industry/military sector working on medium to large scale network environments (servicing thousands of wired and wireless endpoints and including multi site networks)
- Ability to work well with fellow team members, speak and write with clarity, and maintain clarity of mind
- Experience routing, switching, wireless and performance monitoring and management, including experience with cloud-based services (AWS and Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with network level authentication in wired and wireless infrastructure
- Knowledge of systems automation methods with Bash, Python, and PowerShell
- Knowledge of networking technologies such as DHCP, DNS, VPNs, firewalls, routing, and wireless networks
- Experience with a distributed server and workstation environment
- Qualified candidates should have experience administering and be competent users of Windows, Linux, and Mac OS
- Demonstrated success in taking direction and working independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Ability to interact patiently, effectively, and professionally with all employees, partners, vendors, etc.
- Familiarity with PowerShell and powershell scripting, GPOs, registry editing, Windows software deployment, and Windows desktop configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience supporting systems management, monitoring, and deployment technologies such SCCM, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Nagios, and AWS cloud automation
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Working experience with public Cloud services
- Experience tracing events within Windows/Mac OS/Linux logging systems
- Experience with network and system diagnostic tools
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing