Radio and Antenna Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is seeking to grow its team of engineers who are developing radio systems in airborne applications. We’re looking for a team player to jump into the mix with us and get busy contributing to our antenna and radio designs on our revolutionary aircraft.
- Perform computer aided antenna engineering and system design using either Ansys HFSS or CST Studio to predict antenna radiation patterns and antenna-to-antenna coupling
- Integrate and test the RF components of the aircraft command, control, and telemetry systems in support of eVTOL flight testing program
- Collaborate with SW and system engineers to debug and improve the system performance
- Resolve anomalies that occur during integration, bench test and flight test
- Contribute to design, verification test and certification of radios and antennas for aircraft-based communication and navigation systems
- Assure the correct functionality of all flight critical radio systems onboard the eVTOL aircraft
- Requirements and interface definition, design for test, hands-on testing, performance and design verification of radio systems
- Execute on design certification and/or showing compliance with RTCA/DO-160, DO-254, DO-262, FCC or equivalent regulations, etc.
- Specify and implement test equipment to be used in the production environment as part of the manufacturing process of radio systems
- Develop test equipment and procedures to support certification efforts
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience developing RF systems, airborne experience a plus
- Detailed understanding of the following: RF systems, 3G/4G cellular networks and equipment operation and certification, antenna selection, design, installation, and high frequency grounding.
- Operational understanding of VHF communication radios, Global Navigation Satellite Systems, VHF Omnidirectional Range (VOR), ILS (LOC + GS)
- Understanding of communications systems, associated algorithms and their design. This includes an understanding of RF filters, signal modulation/demodulation, RF signal acquisition, RF frequency control (AFC), RF gain control (AGC), etc.
- Demonstrated ability with application of design standards and procedures to develop moderately complex analog, digital and RF designs including simulations, schematics, PCB layouts and evaluation
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing