Autonomy Embedded Software Engineer - Santa Cruz
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
This position involves architecture and implementation of the embedded software at the heart of the next generation of the Joby Aviation aircraft. The engineer will play a key role in a small, fast-moving team and have input to conceptual system design and implementation of embedded software for control of an autonomous, electric-powered, fly-by-wire aircraft.
- 5+ years of embedded software engineering industry experience.
- University degree in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, mechatronics, physics, mathematics, or similar field; or, a very strong portfolio of designed and implemented embedded software
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming methodology and multi-layered system architectures
- Expert knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of state estimation and/or perception algorithms is a major asset
- Background in radar embedded design and development is a major asset
- Experience with high data-rate transfer speeds is an asset
- Knowledge of and experience with real-time operating systems
- Knowledge of and experience with communication protocols including I2C, CAN, SPI, UART, etc.
- Strong understanding of modern micro-controller and microprocessor architectures such as ARM Cortex-M0/M3/M4/A8/A9
- Understanding of hardware from an embedded software engineer's perspective
- Experience with modern integrated development environments and debuggers
- Hands-on experience with test and measurement equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, voltmeters, etc
- Master's degree or Ph.D. preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing