Air Taxi Backend Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
We are a rapidly growing team building mission critical software products supporting Joby Aviation’s vision to save 1 billion people an hour every day through electric powered flight. As a backend developer you will work closely with product management, design, frontend/mobile, and other backend team members to realize a brand new suite of applications required to power this new era of aviation. The backend services you will be building power applications for all parts of the customer and operational experience from a customer booking a flight to the behind the scenes operations to serve that flight safely and efficiently.
- Solve complex problems in the real world with scalable technical solutions
- Participate in team software processes such as requirement and test plan generation, design doc creation, code reviews and deployments
- Utilize simulation and validation techniques to verify your solutions meet the requirements
- Enjoy working collaboratively with PM and other teams to define specifications and build the next generation of products
- Understand how to design and implement highly horizontally-scalable architectures
- Dive deep into multiple tech stacks across the company to build integrated solutions
- Ability to research and learn new technologies and create a concept independently
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of programming experience
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases and SQL/NoSQL
- 3+ years of experience with Java, Golang or a similar programming language
- Experience with web technologies and frameworks such as React & React Native, Spring and gRPC
- Experience handling sensitive customer data and logs
- Experience with real time data processing and streaming
- Experience in developing high traffic distributed web applications
- Experience with simulation technologies
- Experience with cloud environments as well as application deployment and scaling technologies such as AWS, Kubernetes, docker, Firebase
- Are a pilot or have an interest in aviation and/or new transportation technology
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing