Flight Systems Software Engineer - C++
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
This engineer will play a key role in a small, fast-moving team and participate in architecture design and implementation for our electric-powered, fly-by-wire aircraft. This engineer will work closely with the hardware, mechanical, integration, and flight-testing teams to design, develop, test and improve system-level behaviors.
We are looking for C++ platforms engineers who want to work on our core flight framework that flies our aircraft! This is the framework that powers all the software systems on the aircraft.
- University degree in computer science or computer engineering
- At least 3-5 years full time industry experience
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming methodology, multi-layered system architectures, and creating clean APIs
- Expert knowledge of C++
- Expert knowledge of multi-threaded systems
- Experience with modern integrated development environments and debuggers
- Basic understanding of git version control
- Ability to work inside of a team
- Experience with or knowledge of DO-178, particularly writing low-level requirements
- Exposure to other languages such as: Python, C#, C, SQL
- A Positive attitude and a passion for Aerospace!
- Willingness to be flexible and learn new technologies
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing