Integration - Project Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation’s Integration Team (Final Assembly Team) is seeking a Project Manager who is a highly organized, passionate individual with excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills. This role will operate in a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment with very high expectations for individual contribution. The Integration team will be responsible for the final assembly of prototype and production aircraft, as well as setting up the facilities needed for these tasks. This position will be initially based at our Santa Cruz, CA facility, and will be shifting to working primarily out of our Marina, CA facility over the second and third quarters of 2021.
Your primary responsibilities will focus on helping to define the team’s path to accomplish their goals, guiding them through that path, and removing any obstacles they encounter to stay on schedule. This work will focus initially on setting up the facilities necessary to carry out manufacturing for actuators, mechanical systems, and aircraft final assembly, in concordance with FAA production certificate guidelines, and will then transition into operating these facilities to meet development and production needs. To accomplish this, you will be working with a wide range of engineering and operations teams at Joby Aviation (including design, prototype manufacturing, quality, supply chain, certification, and more).
- Work closely with Design, Production, and Quality teams to maintain alignment and coordination, as we develop our production facilities and practices. You will be focusing on efforts targeted at bring-up of electro-mechanical hardware assembly, mechanical hardware assembly, wire harness fabrication, and aircraft final assembly. This will include:
- Creating, maintaining, and communicating team schedules that aim to achieve key company milestones
- Aligning design and manufacturing teams to create and execute strategies and implement systems and processes that allow for FAA Production Certificate ready manufacturing
- Helping to manage team’s transition from prototype manufacturing to FAA Production-Certificate ready manufacturing. For example, ensuring that appropriate best practices are defined, and proper training is provided to the team.
- Manage and facilitate day-to-day tasks and priorities to keep the team on schedule
- Leverage team key performance indicators to help create growth, organizational, and budgeting strategies, as well as provide feedback that will allow the team to achieve higher operating efficiency
- Provide guidance, encouragement, and support to individual team members as needed, to ensure maximum team cohesion
- Help to scale operation, team and procedures as needed to meet company production targets
- Bachelor’s in engineering or relevant fields
- 6+ years of experience in an engineering environment with responsibility for leading a team and creating execution strategies
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in the simultaneous management of multiple high-paced engineering projects
- Demonstrated understanding of the product development cycle for hardware centric projects from early design through to completion and launch
- Expertise in project management tools such as MS Project, Smartsheet, Confluence, and JIRA
- Expertise in common workplace software (word processor, spreadsheet, presentation software, etc.) with the ability to create and maintain performance and efficiency metrics
- Experience with aerospace manufacturing project execution and FAA production certification related processes, or experience with production of high complexity, safety critical, large electromechanical assemblies at volumes near or above 1,000 units / year
- Project management experience / Project manager certification
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing