This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
The Compensation team leads the design, implementation, and administration of compensation programs that support business needs. This includes designing base salary programs and incentive plans that drive the attraction and retention of critical talent. The team works quickly and thoroughly to analyze market conditions, create opportunities for internal equity, and support an overall pay for performance philosophy aligned with the company’s priorities and strategies.
As part of this team, the compensation analyst will be someone who absolutely loves spreadsheets, has immaculate attention to detail, and prefers challenge over consistency. The compensation analyst will work on the People team and will interact with HR operations, payroll, finance and executives. Therefore, a high level of professionalism and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely is a requirement for this role.
- Collaborate with partners and leads to continually improve processes, both compensation-specific and broader HR
- Develop and maintain salary structures and job family architecture to include: identification of job families, benchmarking to salary surveys, conducting compensation analyses, identifying and facilitating FLSA review, leveling and slotting
- Responsible for new employee offer letters
- Conduct ad hoc compensation analyses and job evaluation projects
- Develop reports and presentation materials on company-wide compensation data
- Assist in the development and execution of training and education in order to enhance the company’s knowledge level of Joby compensation programs and policies
- Process compensation changes with thoroughness and incredible attention to detail
- Participate in employee equity management
- Prepare job descriptions reflecting job responsibilities, activities, duties and requirements
- Identifies and recommends alternative actions to resolve compensation-related problems
- Provide critical support during the focal merit planning process and administration
- Clean/Import/export employee lists and other people data to/from various systems
- Review existing and proposed statutory requirements governing compensation administration and recommends appropriate courses of action
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience in compensation planning, analysis, and/or administration
- 1+ year in stock option plan administration or exposure
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance or equivalent
- Excel and Google Sheets proficiency: you can create a pivot table in your sleep
- An eye for slide design: you can make a high-level presentation with effective data visualizations
- You make few mistakes and know how to proofread your own work
- You have the ability to work quickly and efficiently in a flexible, often ambiguous environment
- You have a drive for continued improvement in efficiency, effectiveness, and quality
- People have told you that you are an effective and efficient communicator
- You are known for high integrity
- You understand the confidential nature of compensation management and that you are responsible for protecting this data
- You are a team player and have an open-mind
- You embrace challenge
- You problem solve by thinking critically and creatively
- You know how to make a flowchart
- Certified Compensation Professional
- ADP experience
- 2+ years of experience in a start-up
- Basic understanding of accounting and finance
- Knowledge of compliance related to employee compensation
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing