Quality Inspection Supervisor
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate individual to join our quality assurance team as the Quality Inspection Supervisor. As the Supervisor, you will provide necessary leadership and training to Quality Inspection Team. The position will coordinate inspection tasks across all sites and meet company schedule requirements for both Development and Production.
- Supervise Quality Inspection Team Members and will be responsible for the overall operations of these areas.
- Lead improvements activities for quality, delivery, cost and safety objectives and will support continuous improvement through Kaizen.
- Review and/or prepare standardized work procedures and facilitate effective communication of procedures to affected areas.
- Develop training documents and facilitate training; assist in trouble shooting quality issues.
- Must be able to manage manpower, including time clock management of hourly employees and ability to control overtime.
- Must be able to successfully lead and function within a team environment and be able to adapt to change.
- Responsible for 5s activities for assigned area.
- Monitor performance and provide feedback.
- Support company policies and procedures and administer requirements fairly and consistently.
- Must ensure compliance with the Joby Production System procedures and train and develop Joby Quality Inspectors members on proper procedures.
- Facilitate good communications between Production, Engineering, and other departments as necessary to establish expectations and problem resolutions.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Receptive of training and performing functions in multiple areas.
- Responsible for implementing and following up of countermeasure activities related to Production and other Operational issues.
- Must be willing to travel between Joby facilities.
- Maintain safety and address concerns immediately.
- Must ensure that all safety procedures and practices are implemented and followed.
- Must complete all necessary reporting and required paperwork as assigned by the Quality and Supply Chain Lead
- Recognize and define problems, collect data, and develop conclusions.
- Communicate effectively with others using both oral and written communication skills.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have supervisory knowledge in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the aviation industry or have proven ability to lead people.
- Must display leadership ability, able to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Responsible for direct supervisory duties affecting hourly associates.
- Knowledge of quality systems, gauging, and close tolerance measurement.
- Technical aptitude (ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information) in one or more of the following disciplns:
- Additive Manufacturing
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Circuit Card Assemblies
- Ability to read and follow work instructions, procedures, and policies.
- General understanding and interpretation of blueprints is required (including tolerance requirements, key and critical characteristics).
- General understanding of quality assurance system.
- Solid problem solving skills using a variety of root cause tools.
- Strong analytical skills (ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem).
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Must demonstrate initiative (ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal).
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to use general inspection tools (calipers, micrometers, hole gages, rulers etc)
- Able to adapt to change in the workplace and demonstrate flexibility with new ideas and different environments.
- Positive attitude to support company policies and must be able to maintain a high-morale environment.
- Must be energetic (ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work).
- Must display honesty / integrity (ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace).
- Must be organized or follow a systematic method of performing a task.
- Must be able to work under pressure (ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations).
- Minimum High School diploma with 10 years in a quality inspection role and additional 5 years in a leadership/supervisory role.
- Minimum 3 years in the Aviation Industry.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline.
- Knowledge of special equipment (CMM, FaroArm, Microscope, Oscilloscope etc) is desired.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing systems and processes.
- Excellent computer skill. Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- ASQ Certified Quality Inspector Certificate
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing