This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby is searching for a Senior Accountant to join our accounting team. Our team is made up of energetic and passionate individuals who thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment. You will work closely with our operational accounting team, reporting to our Accounting Manager and partnering with our accounting team. You will bring a high level of enthusiasm, strong work ethic and interest in learning, to help Joby accounting continue to grow. This job is based out of our Santa Cruz, CA location.
- Prepare various accounting spreadsheets for reconciliation and analyze for proper GAAP based accounting, including monthly and quarterly accruals, depreciation, and amortization
- Manage daily transactional activity, including working with vendors and internal stakeholders for approvals and clarification to accurately capture transactions in the ERP in accordance with GAAP
- Help the accounting manager with monthly and quarterly close and financial statement preparation
- Support the accounting manager in quarterly audits and preparation for 10Q and 10K filings
- Assist in process improvements for operational accounting procedures
- Assist in documenting and improving accounts payable, reconciliations and close processes
- Work cross-functionally with finance to support accurate internal and external reporting efforts
- Assist in intercompany subsidiary oversight, consolidation and elimination
- 3+ years work experience in general accounting
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Accounting
- Strong understanding of GAAP, SOX controls and financial accounting standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and critical thinking ability
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Strong attention to detail, even while multitasking
- Be a team player
- Ability to prioritize and work autonomously
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Public accounting audit experience
- Strong ERP systems experience (Microsoft Dynamics 365, F&O preferred)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing