This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
As a Technical Editor, you will be part of a fast scaling software team responsible for the quality, clarity, and accuracy of the documentation for the technologies related to an aircraft product. You will handle multiple review processes for certification documents, edit diagrams included in documents, and provide ad hoc editorial expertise to authors and SMEs.
This is a technical editing position that has the potential to expand to include technical writing.
• 2-5 years experience as a technical writer or editor
• Self-motivated and energetic
• Experience wrangling competing comments from diverse and busy SMEs
• Intense attention to detail
• Ability to work across silos
• Experience directly editing complex diagrams
• Track documents through multi-stage technical and editorial review processes
• MS Word expertise
• Experience with diagraming tools such as draw.io, Visio, or LucidChart
• Experience editing certification documents for the FAA or another government agency
• Experience editing long, complex documents
• Experience envisioning, defining, and codifying editorial processes
• Knowledge of the aerospace or another highly regulated industry
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing