Embedded Software Engineer: Battery Management System (BMS)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is seeking an embedded software engineer with experience working on high voltage systems and safety critical software. They will participate in architecture design and implementation of the Battery Management System Software running on an electric-powered, fly-by-wire aircraft.
Specifically this role focuses on:
- Multi-threaded Object-Oriented C++ to support critical battery algorithms
- C++ drivers for communication with sensors onboard the BMS
- Working with data visualization tools to analyze battery signals
- University degree in computer engineering, robotics, or equivalent, Masters preferred
- Expert knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of and experience with real-time operating systems
- Knowledge of and experience with communication protocols including I2C, CAN, SPI, UART, etc.
- Strong understanding of modern micro-controller and microprocessor architectures
- Experience debugging an embedded target
- Experience with git
- Hands-on experience with equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multimeters, etc.
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Experience designing analog and digital circuits
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with Ethernet/UDPNote for Prospective Employee
Due to COVID-19 it is likely that your employment with Joby Aviation will likely beginand remain in a remote working environment for some time. Ability to work independently and with others remotely is essential.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing