Courseware Developer and Simulator Instructor
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is seeking a Certified Flight Instructor to join its Flight Standards and Training team as a Courseware Developer and Simulator Instructor for its future fleet of Urban Air Mobility airplanes. The role involves development of courseware materials as well as delivering instruction, primarily using flight simulation training devices. Trainees will be thoroughly briefed and debriefed using modern interactive tools and novel methods; their performance will be evaluated, and their progress recorded. The position will also be responsible for training additional instructors to deliver the training materials. The successful applicant will also be required to recommend and develop improved training materials and methods for all eVTOL curriculums, for use in the classroom and flight simulation training devices. Initially, the position will be in the Monterrey Bay area, but there will be the need to travel to provide instruction, attend conventions and represent Joby’s strategic objectives at many other events. This role will operate in a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment with very high expectations for individual contribution.
- Develop courseware designed to deliver effective flight training to trainee pilots
- Instruct trainee pilots in flight simulation training devices, meeting required deadlines to graduate qualified pilots
- Follow a structured curriculum, scheduling simulator training sessions and tracking trainee progress
- Continually improve the training materials and courseware for our commercial flight operations
- Help build and lead a small team of contract simulator instructors to support a large throughput of trainees
- Assist with training device inspections and certifications programs and other duties as required by leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum 2 years of experience as a simulator instructor
- FAA Certificated Flight Instrument Instructor (CFII) in airplanes
- Willingness to travel
- Proficiency in common workplace software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Military simulator instructor experience
- Experience with new aerospace or electrical vehicle projects
- Experience with simulator certification in accordance with 14 CFR Part 60
- Helicopter CFI
- Experience in a fast-paced flight operations department
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing