Software Verification Engineer- Operations
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Aviation Software requires comprehensive testing to ensure safety and to meet flight certification standards. You will help Joby Aviation achieve software certification by testing the Embedded C/C++ code that controls vehicle flight and system monitoring.
• Work with a range of software, processor in the loop, and hardware in the loop simulators representative of the eVTOL system.
• Install, test, and maintain on-aircraft software.
• Design, execute and maintain test cases, test plans, test procedures, test reports, and supporting documentation for software certification and validation purposes.
• Document and report software defects using a bug tracking system.
• Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, user interface, or content.
• Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
• Become the Software Verification product expert on flight-critical software components and own the testing process.
• 4+ years Industry Experience in Quality Assurance or Test Engineering
• B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent real-world experience
• Strong background in Software Test and Verification on embedded systems
• Interfacing with embedded software and electronic hardware
• Development, execution and reporting of manual test cases
• Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Reporting of defects and quality metrics
• Project management, bug tracking and continuous integration tools, e.g JIRA, Jenkins, Team City
• Must be able to support on-site testing
• Some overnight & multi-night travel required
• Flexible schedule
Candidate should be an energetic, meticulous, self-motivated person with an adamant belief in the importance of product quality. If you love working with new technology, and have passion for innovation and safety, and a hands-on approach this is the job for you.
• DO-178C Software Certification experience
• Agile software development and Test Driven Development
• Robotics Project(s) and/or Drone experience
• Piloting aircraft, avionics hardware, electric cars or similar systems
• Python programming and shell scripting proficiency
• Networking fundamentals
• Hands-on can-do mentality
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing