Application Software Engineer: Battery Management System (BMS)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is seeking an application software engineer with experience working on high voltage systems and safety-critical software. They will participate in architecture design and implementation of the Battery Management System Software running on an electric-powered, fly-by-wire aircraft.
- Work closely with Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to understand battery operating conditions and control limitations, and translate them in C++ code
- Work closely with the Battery Algorithms team to understand and incorporate their models
- Perform data analysis, to support algorithm development and validation
- Work with software certification team in ensuring battery algorithms that are necessary for safe flight operations are certifiable by the FAA
- University degree in computer science/engineering, robotics, or equivalent
- Expert knowledge of C++ and Python
- Knowledge of and experience with real-time operating systems
- Understanding of modern micro-controller and microprocessor architectures
- Experience debugging an embedded target
- Experience with git
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Experience designing analog and digital circuits
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with Ethernet/UDP
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing