Transportation Research Scientist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
We are a rapidly growing team building mission critical software products supporting Joby Aviation’s vision to save 1 billion people an hour every day through electric powered flight. The Product Intelligence team is developing tools to model what this transportation system should be to provide a real-world solution that is accessible and sustainable and provides a clear value proposition for users and communities. Inventing new ways to move around. It is a formidable challenge when you consider the complex, interacting factors that need to be simultaneously optimized: flight performance, noise, airspace integration, weather, economics, fleet optimization, contingency management … all presenting their own set of constraints. We are looking for a transportation research scientist or transportation modeler to focus on mode choice and demand modeling for urban air mobility.
- Hands-on experience with transportation system modeling
- Hands-on experience with demand and mode choice modeling
- Hands-on experience with design and analysis of consumer behavior surveys
- Experience processing and analysing geolocalized datasets, trip data and demographics datasets
- Experience using large database systems
- Strong background in probabilistic modeling
- Proficient in Python and/or R
- An interest in aviation and/or new transportation technology
- Familiarity with parallel/cloud computing
- Experience with urban air mobility or aviation transportation
- Experience with large multidimensional data fitting
- Strong computer science background
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing