Senior CAD / CAM Programmer (m/f/d) Hypermill
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Headquartered in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
At Joby Germany GmbH, located in the south of Munich, we are searching for an experienced CAD / CAM programmer (m/f/d) who will assist in the transfer of prototype development of machined components into series production.
- Production planning, selection of special tools and creation of production fixtures for complex structural components made of aluminium and titanium.
- CAD / CAM programming with Hypermill, Solidworks and Solidcam for mainly 5-axis CNC milling centers
- Runningof manufacturing processes up to FAI (First Article Inspection)
- Establishment and expansion of tool libraries; creation of sustainable and efficient tool management
- Setup, changeover, and monitoring of the CNC machines at the Sauerlach sitein cooperation with the CNC operator
- Quality monitoring of the manufactured components
- Supervision of production at the Sauerlach site (personally), as well as at our other site in China and at external suppliers (remotely)
- Further development of manufacturing concepts, together with the designengineers and the manufacturing engineers
- Collaborate on projects with regard to manufacturing rights design (Design for Manufacturing)
- Completed technical vocational training with advanced training in CAM programming
- Several years of professional experience in programming 3- and especially 5-axis CNC milling centers
- Expert knowledge in Hypermill is mandatory
- Relevant experience with materials commonly used in the aerospace industry such as titanium and aluminium
- Experience in manufacturing processes of prototypes and small batches
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills in an English speaking work environment
- Ideally, you bring a strong hands-on mentality, enjoy communicating with your colleagues in the USA and China via Zoom and Slack on a regular basis
- Very good German and English skills (B2-C1 level)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing