This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
The Payroll Manager will be responsible for overseeing our payroll staff, including hiring and training Payroll Specialists, coordinating with the accounting department to process payroll for new and existing employees, and managing employee data and records. The Payroll Manager will be someone who is highly competent with spreadsheets and possesses an immaculate attention to detail. This position is in our People organization and will interact with multiple departments and executives within the company. Therefore, a high level of professionalism and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely is a requirement for this role.
- Act as our subject matter expert on everything payroll and ADP
- Document our standard operating procedures and best practices
- Partner with our HRIS Analyst to map current and future state payroll processes, systems, and data flow and identify opportunities for improvement
- Import pay and employee data into the payroll system
- Oversee and troubleshoot all physical time clocks. Periodic travel to our California worksites will be required
- Perform bi-weekly audits of time cards for meal compliance
- Support payroll tax setup in new states and audit multi jurisdictional payroll taxes
- Oversee our payroll tax filings and process amendments if needed
- 8 years payroll experience
- Considerable knowledge and experience with ADP
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, vlookup)
- Ability to work independently
- Detail-oriented with excellent documentation and communication skills
- Consistently meets deadlines, follows up, and effectively uses time
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Desire to be a part of a growing business
- Experience with manufacturing/production employees
- Willingness to perform additional functions as needed
- BS/BA in Human Resources, Business or other related field
- 1 year payroll supervision
- 1 year benefits administration
- 2+ years of experience in a start-up
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing