Project Manager, Electrical Wiring Systems
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
The Joby Aviation EWIS team is looking for a Project Manager to help bring Joby’s revolutionary aircraft to market. In this role you report directly to and collaborate with the EWIS team lead to ensure programs remain on target. Ideal candidates have considerable experience in program and project management, and are able to operate effectively in a diverse, fast paced, ever changing and ambiguous environment.
- Plan, manage & track action items for each team member
- Update the system schedule to reflect the current and projected progress of the team
- Work with the EWIS lead to manage and assess the responsibilities and priorities of the team
- Communicate day-to-day project requirements and priorities
- Ensure that issues and blockers impeding team performance are raised and addressed
- Facilitate communication, discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution within the EWIS team and between EWIS and other teams to complete projects and efforts
- Track Engineering Risks & Opportunities
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports
- Manage project mass and cost budgets
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years related work experience
- Ability to communicate in small working groups or program teams
- Experience using project management tools such as Microsoft Project, Confluence, and JIRA
- Experience managing multiple engineering projects under fast timelines and shifting priorities
- Experience cultivating internal and external relationships
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to details
- Knowledge of EWIS and its interfaces with other aircraft systems
- Basic knowledge of design, manufacturing, testing, and quality control
- Experience with FAA certification processes
- Basic knowledge of FAA regulations, guidance material, and industry standards such as SAE ARP4754A and AS50881
- A working knowledge of automated software tools, change management, and document control
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing