FPGA Design Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
The successful candidate will play a key role in a small, fast-moving team that is helping to bring the dream of Urban Air Mobility to market. This position involves porting existing FPGA modules to the Joby coding standards that are required for FAA certification of the Joby aircraft.
- Port existing modules, such as I2C, UART, and GPIO, to the Joby coding standard
- Add new safety-related features to the existing modules
- Write directed test benches for the updated modules
- Help the FPGA verification team as necessary to verify the modules
- Contribute to requirement specifications
- Participate in module- and system-level design reviews
- Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience writing VHDL code
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as I2C and UART
- Familiarity with development in a Linux environment
- Experience with one or more scripting languages such as Tcl or Python
- Knowledge of timing constraints
- Knowledge of DMA design
- Experience with FPGAs and FPGA tools, preferably Xilinx Vivado
- Experience with DO-254
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing