Aviation Operations Intern
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
As an operations intern you will join the Joby Air Operations team in support of our many departments including Commercial Air Operations, Government Operations, Flight Training and Standards, Maintenance Operations or Safety. Each of these teams are expanding rapidly as we develop programs for the launch of our air service. Do you have a passion for airlines, operations, flight training, flight simulation, safety, maintenance, technical writing, courseware development or instructional design? Are you interested in project management, business planning, financial modeling or flight administration? There are many opportunities available, and each will prepare you for a potential full-time position in Operations upon graduation. Internships are 3-9 months and are available year-round.
- Support the operations team in a range of technical, business, operations or administrative roles
- Job responsibilities commensurate to the role and to prepare current students or recent graduates for future operations positions at Joby
- Participate in department planning, operations and business case development for future operations
- Be a member of the operations staff and support daily operations
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in aviation, business, engineering, finance, education or a related field, or be within 6 months post-graduation
- Completed at least three years of college or 90 semester credits prior to the start of the internship
- Demonstrated interest in aviation or business
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pursuing an MS Aviation degree or MBA
- Local to the Santa Cruz/Monterey region or willing to relocate for the duration of the internship
- FAA Private pilot or A&P license
- For Government Operations internship – prior military experience preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing