Composite Manufacturing Engineer - CPD/Fibersim
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is searching for a manufacturing engineer with experience in composite part design for aerospace composite fabrication and assembly processes. Individual must have a strong technical background in certified aircraft manufacturing. This person should be well versed in all aspects of creating manufacturing definition for composite parts.
- Develops CPD definition, producibility, and 2D engineering definition for detail parts (plybooks & lamination drawings)
- Supports creation and review of manufacturing plans to ensure compliance with design requirements and company processes
- Participates in the review, approval, and release process of engineering definition
- Supports components throughout full lifecycle from prototype to final acceptance as well as modifications and repairs after installation
- Develop Joby’s CPD design standards
- Uses engineering judgment to evaluate manufacturing issues and disposition nonconformance reports (NCR)
- 3+ years of related experience as a manufacturing engineer in relevant industry
- Experience working with Catia V5 or later, and Enovia (or similar PLM)
- Experience with Composite Part Design (CPD), or Fibersim, Assembly Design, Sketcher, Drafting, Wireframe, and Generative Shape Design (GSD)
- Experience in composite manufacturing processes: manual layup, AFP, autoclave operation, hot press, assembly processes, etc.
- Experience with laser projection systems (Virtek or Aligned Vision) is a plus
- Experience with composite cutting tables (Gerber, Zund, Eastman, etc) is a plus
- Experience in prototype manufacturing in a professional environment
- Provide knowledge to those that are less experienced
- Excellent verbal communication with internal departments
Education Requirements: B.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering OR 4+ years in a comparable role
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing