Non-Destructive Test Inspector (Entry Level)
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards towards certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, high-rate production, and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate individual to join our quality assurance team as an Entry Level NDT Inspector. As we are building and certifying an advanced composite airframe, this entry level position is for an individual who is documented as participating in a training program for an NDT method and is in the process of becoming qualified for certification as a Level 1 or directly to Level 2. This individual will be considered a trainee in the technique/method in which they are preparing for Certification.
- Perform inspections to in accordance with written procedures/instruction under the supervision of a Level II or Level III
- Assist NDT Level II or Level III, as required, in the development of techniques or during NDT Inspections.
- Praticipate with the design engineering, testing, and QA teams to review inspection processes and provide feedback based upon aquire knowledge and skills (on the job training).
- Collaborate, as a team member, to solve problems.
- Follow business processes to capture inspection results and test reports against design data.
- Documented as a trainee and be actively participating in a training program for a stated NDT method for a limited and specified period of time.
- Obtain experience under the direct observation of a Level 2 or Level 3 in the same method.
- Obtain experience under the direct observation of a Level 1 or instructor only when approved by the Responsible Level 3.
- Ability to pass visual acuity test with or without corrective lenses.
- Minimum 2 years industry experience in NDT Inspection Methods
- Bachelor's degree in relevent field of study
- Current Level 1 in any NDT method
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing