Cook - San Carlos
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is looking for a Kitchen Team Member. You will be a valued team member helping to provide a great experience for our staff members. We are a small team, and everyone helps out in all tasks including prepping, cooking and cleaning.
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Load and unload dishwashing machines
- Wash specific items by hand (e.g. wooden cutting boards, large pots and delicate china)
- Store clean dishes, glasses and equipment appropriately
- Set up workstations before meal prep begins
- Proven experience as cook
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail and sanitation rules
- Availability to work in shifts, during weekends and evenings
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
- *Compensation will DOE. Full Benefits with Paid Sick Time and Vacation.
- Honesty: We encourage a safe environment where open and honest communication is a standard business practice.
- Attitude is Everything: It all starts with having the right mindset. We require a positive attitude. You cannot
- Create success for yourself, our company, and coworkers with a negative mindset.
- Quality: We take pride in our work and strive to deliver excellence with our services and installations.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do and hold ourselves accountable.
- Teamwork: We work together as a group, to become part of something bigger than one individual, to achieve a common goal.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing