Robotics Software Engineer
We are changing the agricultural world with autonomy at Bear Flag Robotics. Our team is building a fleet of autonomous farming tractors and is looking for a Robotics Software Engineer to join our team. Ideally you have built robots from the ground up and have intuition around implementing a robotics stack from sensor selection to perception to localization to path planning. You’re comfortable in Python/ C/ C++ and working on a breadth of problems. Experience with autonomous driving, robotics/ ROS, computer vision, machine learning are a huge plus.
- Strong embedded software development experience in Python/C/C++
- Experience with ROS systems and packages
- Experience designing and implementing robot state machines
- Experience implementing localization and state estimation methods like Kalman Filters and Particle Filters
- Experience with mapping and localization
- Experience with path planning and control methods (i.e.: PID, MPC, A* and Dijkstra)
- Experience spacing and sourcing perception sensors, controllers, and hardware
- Knowledge of perception methods and libraries (i.e.: OpenCV, PCL, point cloud processing pipeline)
- Knowledge of deep learning based libraries such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Must be a team player who is passionate about solving challenging problems and willing to help wherever needed to accomplish the overall mission
- B.S./M.S in Computer Science/Robotics/ Electrical Computer Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering preferred
If you’re an enthusiastic self-starter who thrives in ambiguous environments, thinks outside the box, and wants to play a pivotal role in designing autonomous heavy equipment we encourage you to apply!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Tractor Fleets