Sr. Software Engineer, Perception
AEye develops advanced vision hardware, software and algorithms that act as the eyes and visual cortex of autonomous vehicles. Since its demonstration of its solid state LiDAR scanner in 2013, AEye has pioneered breakthroughs in intelligent sensing. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Intel, Airbus, Subaru, LG Electronics, Hella, and more.
Eye is looking for a software engineer who is passionate about changing the world by creating safe and high performance software that works as the eyes and the visual cortex of autonomous vehicles. We are looking for an exceptionally capable and motivated person with a diverse skill set, who enjoys a fast-paced startup environment in the area of autonomous vehicles, robotics, and perception.
As part of AEye’s SW team, you will work on development of algorithms and software while collaborating closely with our perception team, platform systems engineering team and sensor module hardware team.If you are passionate about sensors, systems engineering and building a world class autonomous vehicle perception systems apply today
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and write highly optimized and cutting edge perception algorithms.
- Design and write highly optimized pipelines for data pre-processing, model training, data post-processing, inferencing etc.
- Train perception models, evaluate their performance, investigate and fix performance bottlenecks.
- Migrate and optimize perception models for executing on edge devices with constrained computation, memory and power.
- Participate in agile scrum development of perception software and contribute to various activities such as project planning, design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing plan/cases/tools and ongoing support of systems.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (must have):
- 3+ years hands-on algorithm development experience with Deep Learning and Computer Vision
- 3+ years hands-on coding experience with Tensorflow or Pytorch on Linux
- 3+ years hands-on experience in design and development of high performance real time perception software using Python and multi-threaded C++ on Linux
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to understand complex technical systems and come up to speed quickly on new sensing modalities.
- Ability to adapt, operate, and flourish under ambiguity
Preferred Skills & Experience (nice to have):
- Experience in GPGPU / CUDA optimization.
- Experience with safety critical perception software design and development for one of the following industries: Automotive (e.g. ISO26262, A-SPICE, AUTOSAR, MISRA C++), Medical Devices (e.g. IEC62304, ISO14071), Aerospace (DO-178 B/C), Rail (EN 50126) etc.
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!