Sr Sensor Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
AEye develops advanced vision hardware, software and algorithms that act as the eyes and visual cortex of autonomous vehicles. Since demonstration of its solid state LiDAR scanner in 2013, AEye has pioneered breakthroughs in intelligent sensing. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Intel, Airbus, Subaru, LG Electronics, Hella, and more.
AEye is looking for a Sr Sensor SW Engineer who is passionate about changing the world by creating safe and high performance software that works as the eyes and the visual cortex of autonomous vehicles. We are looking for an exceptionally capable and motivated person with a diverse skill set, who enjoys a fast-paced startup environment in the area of autonomous vehicles, robotics, and perception.
As part of AEye’s SW team, you will work on development of algorithms and software while collaborating closely with our perception team, platform systems engineering team and sensor module hardware team.If you are passionate about sensors, systems engineering and building a world class autonomous vehicle perception systems apply today!
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design high performing and functionally safe software systems.
- Write highly optimized and state of the art software code.
- Investigate and fix software and system issues.
- Participate in agile scrum development of software and contribute to various activities such as project planning, design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing plan/cases/tools and ongoing support of systems.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (must have):
- 3+ years experience in C++11 or C++14 or C++17 on Linux
- 3+ years experience in design and development of high performance real time software using multi-threaded C++ (e.g. Lidar point cloud processing, video streaming, CT/MRI/PET acquisition/reconstruction, stock trading engine etc.)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to understand complex technical systems and come up to speed quickly on new sensing modalities.
- Ability to adapt, operate, and flourish under ambiguity
Preferred Skills & Experience (nice to have):
- Experience in algorithm development for at least one of the following disciplines: Sensor fusion, Computer Vision, Deep Learning for Perception etc..
- Experience in real-time embedded software design and development with Xilinx SoCs, Petalinux, POSIX and multi-core programming.
- Experience in GPGPU / CUDA optimization.
- Experience with safety critical software design and development for one of the following industries: Automotive (e.g. ISO26262, A-SPICE, AUTOSAR, MISRA C++), Medical Devices (e.g. IEC62304, ISO14071), Aerospace (DO-178 B/C), Rail (EN 50126) etc.
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!