This job is no longer accepting applications.
AEye develops advanced vision hardware, software and algorithms that act as the eyes and visual cortex of autonomous vehicles. Since its demonstration of its solid state LiDAR scanner in 2013, AEye has pioneered breakthroughs in intelligent sensing. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Intel, Airbus, Subaru, LG Electronics, Hella, and more.
AEye is looking for a highly motivated DSP/FPGA Director who is strong in DSP algorithms design, RTL design and development and has experience developing on Xilinx or Altera platforms. The ideal candidate will be comfortable wearing multiple hats and working in a cross-disciplinary team. This person should also be proficient with best Software Development practices and comfortable collaborating with both Software and Hardware Teams.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the firmware architecture, microarchitecture, implementation, and verification of current and future generations of advanced Lidar and Camera systems.
- Manage day to day activities of a team of DSP / FPGA engineers from helping develop micro-architecture designs to top level system architecture.
- Work on project management tasks associated with allocating resources and identifying risks items.
- The FPGA/DSP team is at the heart of the product so this person will need to be comfortable working with Software and Hardware teams to create new and interesting designs.
- Define development roadmap.
- Able to allocate timeline and resources for team projects and activities.
- Ability to provide guidance from the lowest micro-architecture designs levels to large system design and see those systems all the way through to deployment in customers hands.
- Work closely with FPGA / EDA tools vendors to ensure success.
- Self-driven and is comfortable working in a startup environment.
- Able to architect top level FPGA solutions and integrate with the software layers.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Work with the software, hardware, architecture and product management teams to understand the requirements of multiple projects.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of ASIC / DSP digital design and verification experience, including RTL and scripting languages.
- 4 years of technical management experience.
- Experience in Software Design and Practices including Object-Oriented Programming.
- Experience in delivering high-performance products.
- Experience owning systems and complex solutions from initial design to final system testing.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Cross-functional leadership and communication experience.
- Strong Communication Skills and experience with building and collaborating within a cross-functional team.
- Self-starter, flexible, adaptable, collaborative and motivated to champion continuous improvement.
- Strong Communication Skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- MS in Electrical Engineering
- Experience working with Xilinx FPAGAs and SoCs
- Experience working with Lidars and Cameras
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!