Senior User Experience Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
AEye creates high-performance, adaptive, AI-driven LiDAR systems for vehicle autonomy, advanced driver-assistance, and robotic vision applications. AEye’s software-driven system leverages deterministic AI to capture more intelligent information with less data, enabling faster, more accurate, and more reliable perception for everything that moves. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors including Kleiner Perkins, Taiwania Capital, GM Ventures, Intel Capital, Continental AG, Hella Ventures, LG Electronics, Aisin, Airbus Ventures, SK Hynix, Subaru-SBI, and Tyche Partners.
AEye is seeking a highly motivated Senior User Experience Designer to join our product team. This role will be responsible for imagining and concepting how our users interact with AEye’s multiple software and hardware products. This role, along with everyone on the product team, is expected to be a fierce advocate for the people who use our products. The ideal candidate should have a practiced eye for effective design and be committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate existing applications and their UX effectiveness considering complexity, discoverability, and other HCI elements
- Run user testing of applications, unboxing, and hardware onboarding
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications (Information architecture)
- Discover and communicate hypothetical users scenarios, end-to-end experiences, and interaction models
- Work with marketing and design teams to incorporate a visual or brand identity into the finished products
- Developing and maintain design wireframes and specifications
- Work closely with software teams to translate designs into prototypes and eventually shipping product
- Provide input and guidance in hardware and packaging design to ensure positive user interactions and brand identity
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UX design
- Proficient with visual design programs such as Adobe Photoshop and others
- Ability to think creatively
- Excellent organizational, time, and project management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in organizing and evaluating user testing to gather quality information and feedback
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Experience with software development and ability to prototype and troubleshoot using HTML, CSS, C++, QT, and comparable languages
- Experience with 3d graphics and visualization
- Prior experience with hardware products
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!