SW Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
AEye develops advanced vision hardware, software and algorithms that act as the eyes and visual cortex of autonomous vehicles. Since its demonstration of its solid state LiDAR scanner in 2013, AEye has pioneered breakthroughs in intelligent sensing. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Intel, Airbus, Subaru, LG Electronics, Hella, and more.
Aeye, Inc. is looking for a software quality assurance (QA) engineer that will monitor every phase of the development process to ensure that the design and software adhere to the automotive industry and company standards. It is vital for releases to meet target dates and stay within budget. A software quality assurance engineer helps meet deadlines by breaking up the development process into attainable testing goals and relaying any issues back to the development and product teams or leaders.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness
- Research and analyze product features being tested
- Research new tools, technologies, and testing processes
- Drive innovation and streamline overall testing processes
- Perform and document risk analysis
- Create test strategies and test plans
- Record test progress and results
- Document bug fix process and monitor bug fix trends
- Identify, isolate, and track bugs throughout testing
- Identify any potential problems that users might encounter
- Document process for test cases and monitor compliance
- Review user interfaces for consistency and functionality
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement
- Conduct audits of processes and outputs and document audit results
- Monitor the corrective actions until the issues are closed in a timely manner.
- Oversee continuous improvement projects
- Collect quality data
- Identify and monitor key KPIs for product quality
- Prepare and present reports and metrics to Senior Management
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- BS in technology field preferably computer science
- 5 years of experience as an automotive SW development or SW Quality Assurance Engineer
- 3 years of experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies
- 5 years of total experience with coding C/C++, JAVA, Linux? Etc.
- 3 years of experience with automotive software QA tools and processes (MISRA compliance checkers etc.
- Some experience in Automotive SPICE
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Experience in Automotive SPICE is preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!