Staff NPI Engineer (Optic-Mechanical)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
AEye develops advanced vision hardware, software and algorithms that act as the eyes and visual cortex of autonomous vehicles. Since its demonstration of its solid state LiDAR scanner in 2013, AEye has pioneered breakthroughs in intelligent sensing. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Intel, Airbus, Subaru, LG Electronics, Hella, and more.
AEye is looking for a highly motivated NPI Engineer (Optic -- Mechanical). The individual will be expected to develop and improve manufacturing processes at NPI stage, by applying state of the art manufacturing methods to achieve high efficiency, low cost and highest quality products.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides day to day operational leadership for our Lidar NPI line.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Collaborates with Product Development and Engineering teams in DVT,DFM, DFT, and DFA efforts.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Creates process flow charts, control plans, and PFMEA documents.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work-flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by working closely with Quality department in designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Coordinates with Contract Manufactures and other key vendors to perform production line Characterization, DVT, PVT, Dfx, and Manufacturing transfers.
- Ensures manufacturing operation and/or contractors are complying with government regulations and manufacturing industry standards.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures. Requesting special services when required.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts for efficiency, cost and quality
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- Strong problem solving and communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Trained and participated activities related to Six Sigma & ASQ Black Belt.
- Minimum 10 years of manufacturing experience in Optoelectronics or Electro-Mechanical production environment, preferably automotive industry.
- Technical Degree (MS or PhD), preferably in Optoelectronics or Electro-Mechanical
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Experiences in a fast-paced and demanding start-up enterprise.
- Experiences in DVT, PVT, DFx and FMEA executions.
- Experiences in manufacturing processes developments in NPI phase, and then transfers to CMs.
- Experiences in ASQ Black Belt & Six Sigma.
- Experiences in ERP / Agile Systems.
- Experiences in BOM Cost Reduction and Cycle Time Reduction.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!