Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
AEye creates high-performance, adaptive, AI-driven LiDAR systems for vehicle autonomy, advanced driver-assistance, and robotic vision applications. AEye’s software-driven system leverages deterministic AI to capture more intelligent information with less data, enabling faster, more accurate, and more reliable perception for everything that moves. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors including Kleiner Perkins, Taiwania Capital, GM Ventures, Intel Capital, Continental AG, Hella Ventures, LG Electronics, Aisin, Airbus Ventures, SK Hynix, Subaru-SBI, and Tyche Partners.
AEye is looking for a highly motivated Sr Supplier Quality Engineer. The individual will be expected to ensure the product and process meets the required quality criteria and standards.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of quality of supplied components and assemblies
- Responsible for driving supplier APQP and PPAP / component and sub assembly qualification process
- Audit suppliers and contract manufacturers to ISO-9001:2015 and when required IATF-16949:2016, and VDA 6.3 standards
- Define, monitor and manage supplier quality metrics
- Responsible for supplier QPPM and Capability Indices (Ppk’s, Cpk’s)
- Develop and deploy quality strategy, programs, and roadmap for contract manufacturers and critical suppliers
- Responsible for managing the Supplier Score Card
- Key liaison for Quality between Product Development, NPI and Suppliers
- Manage Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) for probation suppliers
- Organize with Procurement team in conducting routine QBR of critical suppliers
- Partner with organizational leaders and industry peers and drive quality initiatives, systems, and methods implementation to meet quality objectives
- Represent company with suppliers to articulate quality systems, review issues, provide feedback and enforce permanent corrective actions
- Provide guidance to incoming inspection process
- Lead auditor to organize and manage all supplier product and process audits
- Participate in the supplier selection process
- Coordinate with Engineering team to recommend solutions to common defects or problems
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- Minimum 15 years in Manufacturing, Quality Operations functions
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Hands on experience in DOE and statistical analysis using software such as Minitab, or Statistica
- Expertise in quality management tools, with Automotive experience a strong plus. Standards, policies and procedures – APQP, PPAP, MSA, SQC, Six Sigma, GD&T
- Strong understanding of various manufacturing processes and process control plans including Semiconductor Industry
- Working knowledge of manufacturing production process from Engineering prototype to mass production
- Experience with QC audits for pilot manufacturing and production lines of quality improvement tools and strong statistical and problem solving capability
- A team player with strong communication skills. Must have a sense of urgency
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Ability to learn the product and process quickly and assess defects that can impact product quality
- Working experience in Semiconductor Fab Process/Optics/Laser/PCBA/System Integration
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience
- BS Degree in Engineering or other related field
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!