NPI Systems Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
AEye develops advanced vision hardware, software and algorithms that act as the eyes and visual cortex of autonomous vehicles. Since its demonstration of its solid-state LiDAR scanner in 2013, AEye has pioneered breakthroughs in intelligent sensing. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Intel, Airbus, Subaru, LG Electronics, Hella, and more.
AEye is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join our NPI team. The selected candidate will have opportunities to work on new technology, transform concepts and strategies into structured projects, and help make key technical decisions to drive product development and customer success.
As the NPI Systems Engineer, you will apply your diverse engineering background and excellent analytical problems-solving skills to lead regulatory and compliance activities for NPI projects to guarantee compliance and quality levels. You will leverage your experience and skills to identify gaps in standards as they relate to AEye’s product, and proactively work to resolve these gaps to ensure compliance.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates software/hardware functional tests that complement existing test cases for AEye’s LiDAR sensors.
- Writes and executes Verification and Validation tests for sensors, including sub-assemblies, and the software that defines their behavior.
- Performs systems engineering testing scenarios that incorporate both hardware and software.
- Helps qualify bleeding-edge hardware and firmware technologies at component and platform levels.
- Works with R&D, Product Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing teams to identify test requirements and helps design verification & validation testing solutions for new products.
- Provides support to Manufacturing team internally and CMs external teams.
- Creates clear and concise reports and presents recommendations to stakeholder teams and management.
- Defines, implements, and transfers test procedures to production.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts for efficiency, cost, and quality.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Minimum 3 years of experience and a BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Advanced C/C++ and Python programming skills
- Test software experience
- Hardware debugging and test experience
- Ability to setup and use lab test equipment.
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to work within cross-functional teams Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment with people at all levels.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Direct test experience with optical systems.
- Familiarity with optical design principles.
- Knowledge of and significant prior experience in optics and laser systems is highly desirable.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Optical Engineering, or similar technical field.
- Experience with LiDAR sensing solutions is a plus.
- Experience in the automotive industry.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and demanding start-up enterprise.
- Experience in DVT, PVT, DFx and FMEA executions is a plus.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!