NPI Lead Quality & Compliance
This job is no longer accepting applications.
AEye develops advanced vision hardware, software and algorithms that act as the eyes and visual cortex of autonomous vehicles. Since its demonstration of its solid-state LiDAR scanner in 2013, AEye has pioneered breakthroughs in intelligent sensing. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Intel, Airbus, Subaru, LG Electronics, Hella, and more.
AEye is seeking an experienced Lead Quality & Compliance Engineer to join our NPI team. The selected candidate will have opportunities to work on new technology, transform concepts and strategies into structured projects, and help make key technical decisions to drive product development and customer success.
As the NPI Lead Quality & Compliance Engineer, you will apply your diverse engineering background and excellent analytical problems-solving skills to lead regulatory and compliance activities for NPI projects to guarantee compliance and quality levels. You will leverage your experience and skills to identify gaps in standards as they relate to AEye’s product, and proactively work to resolve these gaps to ensure compliance.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Defines quality requirements based on business strategy, within New Product Introduction projects.
- Reviews and understands the applicable standards required by Law in countries that apply to AEye’s products.
- Communicates standards to R&D and Product Engineering and maintains it.
- Participates with independent third parties to perform product compliance and certification work (testing, design review etc.) and communicates results/actions to the relevant engineering and supply chain teams.
- Interacts with outside engineering firms or governmental agencies to provide or record product compliance to required regional or national standards to gain the needed product certification or qualification.
- Leads quality improvement efforts within manufacturing sites.
- Reinforces Compliance and Quality requirements with manufacturing sites.
- Acts as representative with R&D teams to raise Quality or manufacturing concerns over ECOs or Design updates.
- Supports Operations with Compliance Audits, ISO, or External Certifications.
- Supports compliance deliverables for new product projects, from HW prototypes to safety testing to first customer delivery in coordination with R&D, Product Engineering, NPI, Manufacturing and Product Management.
- Supports PDM (Product Data Master) maintenance to reflect latest engineering and compliance details.
- Audits sites
- Supports procurement teams with documentation baseline to guarantee compliance and quality best practices are followed.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in technical regulations and compliance.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Prior experience with a quality management system for hardware design change management, and documentation management.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work within cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment with people at all levels.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Knowledge of and prior experience in optics and laser systems is highly desirable.
- Experience in the automotive industry.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and demanding start-up enterprise.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!