Lidar Feature/Systems Test Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
AEye develops advanced vision hardware, software and algorithms that act as the eyes and visual cortex of autonomous vehicles. Since its demonstration of its solid state LiDAR scanner in 2013, AEye has pioneered breakthroughs in intelligent sensing. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Intel, Airbus, Subaru, LG Electronics, Hella, and more.
AEye is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Lidar Feature Systems Test Engineer. This individual will be responsible for the test definition, implementation, management and coordination of all Lidar feature and system level functionality testing for existing- and new product launches. Experience from automotive Lidar applications testing e.g. in ADAS applications is crucial.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in defining feature and system performance test requirements based on system requirements.
- Define and document feature and performance tests incl. pass/fail criteria for the tests.
- Lead feature test planning and execute plan based on required SW/Feature release timing.
- Create feature- and application- level test scenarios based on customer’s and other important stakeholder’s requirements (OEMs, global regulatory, safety agencies, standards committees).
- Study and recommend applicable test standards as they become available.
- Manage and coordinate all Lidar feature testing whether internal or external.
- When required lead development of new tests and test methods to comply with e.g. safety standards or to improve product performance and general competitiveness.
- Occasionally support design and manage build of test equipment and test targets required for the lidar feature tests.
- Support in selecting and source test providers or test equipment providers based on capability, availability and cost.
- Analyze test reports and present results to management.
- Create customized test reports and present results.
- Define and communicate testing coverage goals and report any issues back to the development and product teams and management.
- Consider automation of tests using scripting and using industry standard hardware/software components.
- Create test project plans, resource plans, budgets and track the projects to align with the product validation schedule.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- BSEE in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of experience in an electronics-, optoelectronics automotive related feature and/or application level test and validation.
- Demonstrated ADAS application knowledge, preferably including Lidar systems
- Knowledge of test targets for lidar related feature testing e.g. reflective targets, inflatable vehicles, pedestrian dummies etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency of regulatory standards e.g. from FDA, NHTSA, EuroNCAP, ISO, SAE etc.
- Understanding of automotive SW development and some proficiency in coding and coding review standards
- Understanding of AI/deep- learning based system functions e.g. perception.
- Experience in test management tools e.g. JIRA, IBM DOORS test suite, Test conductor, Test stand.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with automotive optoelectronics systems product testing.
- Test data collection and analysis experience preferred.
- Experience with Python scripting preferred.
- Ability to travel to customer or supplier sites for demonstrations or monitoring of tests or to discuss test equipment bring up and validation.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!