Director of Product Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
AEye creates high-performance, adaptive, AI-driven LiDAR systems for vehicle autonomy, advanced driver-assistance, and robotic vision applications. AEye’s software-driven system leverages deterministic AI to capture more intelligent information with less data, enabling faster, more accurate, and more reliable perception for everything that moves. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors including Kleiner Perkins, Taiwania Capital, GM Ventures, Intel Capital, Continental AG, Hella Ventures, LG Electronics, Aisin, Airbus Ventures, SK Hynix, Subaru-SBI, and Tyche Partners.
AEye is looking for a highly motivated Director of Product Marketing. At AEye, the role of Director of Product Marketing is not about doing demos or powerpoint presentations of product features and benefits (although these may sometimes occur). Rather, this role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the sales engagement process, complementing and extending the overall marketing and branding strategy, and bringing customer input back into the product development process. You will be the customer-facing product evangelist and will play the pivotal role in organizing product launches.
You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our customers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with the rest of the AEye marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. Your attention to detail and eye for quality is critical to your success, Your ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with the AEye Product and Business Development teams; it’s a balancing act that requires strong communication skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Translate product features into customer benefits and map those benefits to a variety of use cases.
- Inbound marketing – through engagement with customers, bring information back to the product management team on feature requests and product priorities.
- Market intelligence—be an expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product and business development teams, along with your colleagues on the marketing team to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets.
- Develop customer-facing product marketing and presentation materials for use at each phase of the sales process.
- Develop videos, animations, and infographics that communicate the unique features and benefits of AEye products.
- Be responsible for product collateral and specification sheets.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field such as software or electrical engineering
- 5+ years product marketing experience in a B2B technology
- Proven history of creating effective product marketing programs
- Excellent time management and project prioritization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Powerpoint and design skills
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is – or isn’t — working
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Ability and willingness to travel
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Experience with LiDAR sensing solutions
- Previous experience as a marketing manager
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!