Stock Plan Administrator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
AEye creates high-performance, adaptive, AI-driven LiDAR systems for vehicle autonomy, advanced driver-assistance, and robotic vision applications. AEye’s software-driven system leverages deterministic AI to capture more intelligent information with less data, enabling faster, more accurate, and more reliable perception for everything that moves. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors including Kleiner Perkins, Taiwania Capital, GM Ventures, Intel Capital, Continental AG, Hella Ventures, LG Electronics, Aisin, Airbus Ventures, SK Hynix, Subaru-SBI, and Tyche Partners.
AEye, Inc., is looking for a Stock Plan Administrator, reporting to the General Counsel. The Stock Plan Administrator will become a key resource in forming and maintaining equity best practices. Our ideal candidate exhibits a positive attitude and approaches his or her work with drive and determination. The role requires someone who has experience operating in a newly public technology company environment with the associated reporting deadlines, while making internal processes more efficient and streamlined.
- Manage the day-to-day administration of the AEye equity plans using the Equity Edge platform.
- Manage Equity Edge to ensure all equity plan transactions (grants, exercises, dispositions, transfers, releases, etc.) are correctly processed in a timely manner and to maintain data integrity.
- Assist with accurate and timely preparation of all required compliance forms, including processing new equity awards and grant agreements, reviewing equity transactions, employee terminations and cancellations.
- Generate and review for accuracy, recurring and ad-hoc reports for Finance, HR, and Legal teams for purposes of but not limited to Form 4, Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, Proxy Statement, and Company stock ownership guidelines.
- Ensure global equity reporting and compliance with international tax and regulatory requirements, including IRS Form 3921 and 3922 annually.
- Track equity award commitments and ensure proper board approvals.
- Support employee understanding of equity awards and answer inquiries from employees, management, and other internal stakeholders on stock plan services, including conducting employee trainings and meeting sessions—in-person and via video conferencing.
- Coordinate with AEye’s external partners such as stock plan provider, broker and transfer agent to maintain employee equity and shareholder accounts.
- Serve as primary contact for audit requests associated with stock plan administration and other requirements.
- Maintain supporting workbooks for external auditors and respond accurately in a timely manner to requests for data.
- Work closely with the company's Legal, Finance, HR, and other teams, as necessary.
- Work with Finance team on processing any necessary tax withholdings to ensure compliance for all equity related tax requirements.
- Work with HR and Legal teams to address any impact of certain employee activity (such as leaves of absence, employee-to-advisor transitions) on vesting or equity terms.
- Work with Legal team on verifying compliance with federal and state securities laws to adjust administrative processes as needed. Assist in equity plan documentation of equity-related policies, procedures and controls.
- Collaborate to implement best practices and automate workstreams and manual processes to enable efficient, accurate processing of equity data.
- Work on special projects and assist with transactions as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field required.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Compensation, Equity Programs, Corporate Governance, Project Management, or similar areas of work, including in a multi-national, publicly traded company; minimum 3+ years with Stock Plan Administration responsibilities.
- Demonstrated expertise with global equity programs and platforms, multiple equity award types, transaction volume, equity
- taxation and accounting and employee education programs.
- Understanding of many different types of equity awards and public company equity programs across multiple jurisdictions.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of employees, stakeholders, partners both internally and externally.
- Very strong attention to detail and ability to perform self-audit to ensure data integrity and utmost accuracy at all times.
- Advanced analytical ability, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communicator with an ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion with sensitive compensation data.
- A team player with a strong work ethic and ability to complete projects timely and accurately.
- Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) certification.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with Equity Edge.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills—such as knowledge of VLOOK-UP, Pivot Tables, SUMIF, and IF statements.
- Thorough understanding of equity instruments (including incentive stock options, non-qualified stock options, and restricted stock units) and applicable taxation.
- Experience with a variety of corporate transactions affecting capitalization—acquisitions, stock splits, tender offers, etc.
- Experience preparing equity plan processes, procedures, grant notices and plan documents and recommending improvements.
- Solid experience with stock-based compensation, including stock options, restricted stock units and/or performance-based stock awards and Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP).
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance matters as they relate to equity, both U.S. and International.
- Knowledge of equity-related accounting, tax, and legal concepts.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!