Senior Cost Accountant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
AEye develops advanced vision hardware, software and algorithms that act as the eyes and visual cortex of autonomous vehicles. Since its demonstration of its solid state LiDAR scanner in 2013, AEye has pioneered breakthroughs in intelligent sensing. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Intel, Continental, Airbus, Subaru, LG Electronics, Hella, and more.
AEye is looking for a highly motivated Senior Cost Accountant. We are looking for someone who is passionate about joining an emerging growth company and sees the market potential in the robotic vision and perception industry. As the Senior Cost Accountant and core member of the Finance team you will also work closely with the Operations and R&D teams.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Operations to establish and maintain standard costs for new products and changes to existing products.
- Participate in the periodic standard cost roll, including material master data review, setting up labor and overhead standard rates, and performing standard cost impact analysis.
- Analyze monthly actual labor, material and overhead cost against standard cost. Review and report monthly financial data for Purchase Price Variance, Excess & Obsolete inventory, Reserves, Scrap expense, and In-transit inventory reconciliation.
- Participate in the financial close process including journal entries, accruals, and account reconciliations.
- Support the annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors, providing PBCs within assigned timeframes, account analysis and variance explanations.
- Develop and provide ad-hoc reports, and perform ad hoc projects and analysis as required by Management.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- 5+ years experience in cost accounting – experience with in-house manufacturing preferred.
- NetSuite, SAP or Oracle experience; capable of assisting with new inventory valuation design, set up, and UAT.
- Must be detail oriented with well-developed organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent teamwork including the ability to interact and build relationships across the organization.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and judgment.
- Embraces and thrives on challenge, performs well under pressure, able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Continuous improvement oriented
- Self-motivated and proactive. Strong work ethic.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) & G Suite.
Preferred Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Experience in accounting in the technology hardware industry or automotive industry.
- Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!