Director of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
This job is no longer accepting applications.
AEye develops advanced vision hardware, software and algorithms that act as the eyes and visual cortex of autonomous vehicles. Since its demonstration of its solid state LiDAR scanner in 2013, AEye has pioneered breakthroughs in intelligent sensing. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Intel, Airbus, Subaru, LG Electronics, Hella, and more.
AEye is looking for a highly motivated Director of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting. We are looking for someone who is passionate about joining a startup and sees the potential growth in the robotic vision and perception industry. As the Director of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting, you will be responsible for managing the external reporting process, including the 10-Q, 10-K, and 8-K process, preparing the cash flow and equity statements, and stock-based compensation. You will have an important role in further developing and maintaining the required public company infrastructure, and will be responsible for drafting technical accounting memos. This role reports directly to the Vice President of Finance.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of the Form 10-K, 10-Q, and financial information related to the quarterly earnings releases, including managing comments from management and external auditors to ensure timely filings. Assist with the preparation of other SEC and statutory filings.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on US GAAP and SEC regulations for the preparation and filing of SEC reports.
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP. Assess and implement new or changes to US GAAP accounting standards and technical issues; analyze their relevance for and impact to the company.
- Strong revenue recognition knowledge and experience such as ASC 606.
- Establish, maintain, and ensure compliance with all Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) documentation and requirements.
- Prepare and/or coordinate detailed work papers to support disclosures included in financial statements and SEC Filings.
- Coordinate and manage all feedback from management, attorneys, external auditors, audit committee to ensure timely SEC filings.
- Assist with the preparation or review of stock-based compensation accounting, earnings per share, preferred stock, and other equity accounting analyses. Prepare the statement of cash flows, statement of stockholders' equity, EPS.
- Research and document technical accounting issues; present and resolve the Company’s position with internal management and external auditors.
- Participate in the financial close process; produce work papers and PBC’s within assigned timeframes.
- Support the annual audit and quarterly reviews with the external auditors.
- Ad hoc projects and analysis as required by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Active CPA License
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- 8+ years of progressive experience in both public and industry accounting, including Big 4.
- Excellent understanding of current US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge and experience with XBRL and filing with the SEC.
- Self-motivated and proactive. Strong work ethic. Detail-oriented with strong time management skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to research and interpret accounting guidance and draft accounting memos to support conclusions.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) & G Suite.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to interact and build relationships across the organization.
Preferred Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Experience in accounting in the manufacturing, and/or automotive industry.
- Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience with NetSuite financial software (NetSuite) and stock administration software.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!