This job is no longer accepting applications.
AEye develops advanced vision hardware, software and algorithms that act as the eyes and visual cortex of autonomous vehicles. Since its demonstration of its solid state LiDAR scanner in 2013, AEye has pioneered breakthroughs in intelligent sensing. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Intel, Airbus, Subaru, LG Electronics, Hella, and more.
AEye is looking for a highly motivated Systems Engineer to help streamline our development of a test framework/infrastructure to support engineering and manufacturing of our lidar products. You will be tasked with contributing to our test automation framework and debugging various problems at the system and component level. Ideally, we are looking for someone who is well versed in Python and C++ and has experience debugging hardware and software. The individual should also be capable of working in a cross-functional environment to resolve issues quickly.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Bring-up of new prototype units
- Development of test stations for component-level testing
- Working in a cross-functional environment to perform root cause analysis on various hardware/software issues
- Coordinating data collections with team members, analyzing data, and presenting results to team members
- Development of calibration and verification procedures and test infrastructure to help characterize our products in R&D and manufacturing environments
- Understand, maintain, and extend our automation framework
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- B.S or M.S in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in C/C++ and Python programming
- Strong understanding of data structures and OO concepts
- Familiarity with lab test equipment
- Experience with Linux OS and development tools
- Experience with developing in VCS (i.e Git)
- Proven experience with system level debugging and root cause analysis
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Experience with radar/lidar systems
- Experience in optical engineering and fiber lasers
- Experience with control systems
- Experience debugging multi-threaded applications
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!