AEye develops advanced vision hardware, software and algorithms that act as the eyes and visual cortex of autonomous vehicles. Since its demonstration of its solid state LiDAR scanner in 2013, AEye has pioneered breakthroughs in intelligent sensing. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Intel, Airbus, Subaru, LG Electronics, Hella, and more.
AEye is looking for a highly motivated Engineer Technician. The individual will be expected to help prototype, debug, and build AEye’s lidar systems from research & development through pilot production.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and debug systems containing electrical circuits, optical components, cable assemblies, and mechanical enclosures
- Solder and rework electrical components, PCBs, and cables
- Write and maintain documentation such as work instructions, procedures, bill of materials (BOM), and engineering change-orders
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- Associates degree in Electronics, Optics or related field.
- 5 years electro-optic R&D technician experience.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Follow written procedures accurately.
- Excellent soldering skills, and ability to rework fine-pitch components.
- Good mechanical skills including use of common manual and powered hand tools.
- Familiar with standard lab test & measurement equipment such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, spectrum analyzers
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Familiar with a wide range of electro-optic, optical, and mechanical components.
- Familiar with single-mode fiber, fiber-optic components, and related techniques such as splicing.
- Familiar with fiber-optic and free-space lasers and optical systems.
- Able to view and understand CAD models and mechanical drawings and use SolidWorks to view assemblies.
- Solid computer skills for documentation and tracking (Microsoft Office, Google G Suite, JIRA, Confluence, Slack, etc.)
- Experience with automated test & measurement: LabVIEW, Python, etc.
- Good organizational skills.
- Experience working using quality management systems such as ISO 9001 or IATF 16949.
- The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, disciplined, flexible and able to work with multifunctional teams.
- Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Successful candidates should thrive in a fast-paced and demanding start-up.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!