Control Systems FPGA Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
AEye creates high-performance, adaptive, AI-driven LiDAR systems for vehicle autonomy, advanced driver-assistance, and robotic vision applications. AEye’s software-driven system leverages deterministic AI to capture more intelligent information with less data, enabling faster, more accurate, and more reliable perception for everything that moves. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors including Kleiner Perkins, Taiwania Capital, GM Ventures, Intel Capital, Continental AG, Hella Ventures, LG Electronics, Aisin, Airbus Ventures, SK Hynix, Subaru-SBI, and Tyche Partners.
AEye is looking for a highly motivated Control Systems FPGA Engineer. The individual will be expected to work with a dynamic, talented team of hardware and software engineers developing state-of-the art Lidar technology and products. A wide breadth of previous experience and technical acumen will allow the candidate to participate collaboratively in all levels of the design process, from concept and architectural definition through detailed fpga algorithm implementation, primarily targeting (but not necessarily limited to) MEMS mirror platform drive & control.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (Minimum required):
- BS or Masters in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience.
- Direct experience with implementing physical system control - closed loop feedback control implementations in FPGAs.
- Hands on FPGA Design Experience using Verilog/SystemVerilog for Xilinx or Altera devices.
- Proficient in DSP and implementing IIR filters in FPGAs.
- Experience designing DSP blocks in Matlab and mapping them to FPGAs.
- Design with DSP & Math IP Core resources.
- Proficient with Matlab (Simulink) or similar/equivalent analytical tools.
- Track record of completed, successful design implementations
- Good communication & collaboration skills; able to produce quality documentation for both internal & external target audiences.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding start-up atmosphere.
Preferred Skills & Experience (Highly desired):
- Experience with FPGA SOC architecture and design, AXI-Bus, Memory & Data Flow.
- Experience with Xilinx Zynq Architecture and Vivado tool chains.
- Experience using Modelsim and/or QuestaSim to develop self-checking testbenches.
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
- Demonstrable real-world "cradle-to-grave" product development and support experience; design for manufacturability, design for test, mature product support.
- Experience with writing low-level c code for test and debug purposes.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!