Field Application Engineer (Germany)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
AEye develops advanced vision hardware, software and algorithms that act as the eyes and visual cortex of autonomous vehicles. Since its demonstration of its solid state LiDAR scanner in 2013, AEye has pioneered breakthroughs in intelligent sensing. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Intel, Airbus, Subaru, LG Electronics, Hella, Continental, and more.
AEye is looking for a highly motivated Field Application Engineer to work in our new European office. In this exciting role every day will be different! One day you might be on site with a customer ensuring their success with our 4Sight M sensor. Another day you may be working to validate a customer experience in the lab. You’ll sometimes find yourself engaging with customers at a trade show or on a sale call. You might also find yourself writing test scripts or documenting new features.
Finally, you’ll have the opportunity to work on cutting edge LiDAR technology with some of the best minds in the industry.
Please plan for three months of training in California. After training, you’ll return to Europe and begin supporting our growing base of European customers.
Essential Skill & Experience Requirements (required):
- Bachelor's degree in a Technical/Engineering field.
- 4+ years experience as a sales engineer or customer-facing applications engineer.
- LiDAR Experience and knowledge.
- You must be a team player - sometimes you’ll lead, sometimes you’ll follow, but everyone contributes.
- Problem solving with a scientific approach is required. You’ll be performing customer specific tests both at AEye and at customer sites. Figuring out the best way to perform the tests requires a full system perspective, out-of-the-box thinking, and a self-starter attitude.
- Attack problems with consistency and passion. You’ll work very closely with product management, engineering, technical operations, marketing, and executives while juggling your priorities.
- Comfortable performing customer presentations and working with decision makers, evaluators, and executives.
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of products.
- You may need to help champion or coordinate videos, presentations, tests, and whitepapers to ensure goals are met.
- Command line, Linux, Git, SSH, and Powerpoint don't scare you.
- Software/Lidar systems background is helpful, as you will be working closely with the engineering team to identify and replicate UI +/or performance issues.
- Experience with computer languages (development and data processing) including but not limited to C++, Python, or Matlab.
- Basic knowledge of computer networking and network connections.
- Effectively communicate client needs to the engineering and product team for future product enhancements.
- You thrive in a fast paced startup that has a superior robotic perception product in a space that is expanding daily.
- You are cool under pressure and love to solve challenging problems.
- You love learning!
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds and physically fit to move testing targets and objects
- Willingness to do some travel (10%-30%).
- This is a high visibility role both internally and externally. A person with many broad skills is required but technical depth is also required in order to rapidly grasp concepts and effectively articulate AEye’s unique value proposition.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Customer support experience.
- Experience with product development and testing.
- Working knowledge of Autonomous Driving, Tier 1’s, and auto OEM’s is a huge plus.
- Experience with sensor data.
- Unbounded curiosity.
- A good sense of humor.
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up company.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!