This job is no longer accepting applications.
This isn't your typical DevRel role. Our developers are among the most sophisticated and adventurous out there. They're mostly computer vision, robotics and perception engineers, with a few generalist software and hardware engineers thrown in for good measure, too.
Your primary responsibility will be to represent Tangram Vision to the developer community, and represent the developer community to Tangram Vision.
Our ideal Community Engineer is highly technical and, just as importantly, has a good grasp of community building, as well as writing and communicating with a technical audience. You've got solid coding chops (we're mostly C++ and Rust), and you're an active user of many of the platforms that our developer audience already uses, like Github and Stack Overflow. You're excited by technology and codebases that are an order of magnitude more sophisticated than what's typical. You've also written a few posts yourself on these subjects, are active on social channels, and have a pulse on the latest trends.
Day-to-day Responsibilities Include:
- Contributing at least weekly to the Tangram Visions blog with relevant, technical content
- Representing Tangram Vision in developer channels like Github, Hacker News and Stack Overflow, and in Discords, Slacks and other online communities.
- Surfacing trends and sentiments from the computer vision and robotics communities to help guide the Tangram Vision product roadmap
- Helping our developers to get up to speed quickly with the Tangram Vision SDK, including configuration assistance and debugging
- Creating shareable content like tutorials, eBooks and how-to guides
- Create and boost content on social channels like Twitter, DEV and LinkedIn
- Representing Tangram Vision at conferences, meetups and other in-person events
- Assisting in creating documentation and developer tools
You won't be alone in this role; the entire Tangram Vision team currently handles the above tasks, and will continue to contribute, assist and collaborate. BONUS: want to gain computer vision engineering chops? You'll be working with a world-class team of computer vision engineers day in, day out who will help get you up to speed on concepts, tools, and code. And you'll get to play around with robots, too!
Post-COVID, this role will likely require travel for 10-25% of the year.
Applicants: please provide a writing sample, or a link to your writing online.
About Tangram Vision
Tangram Vision (Tangram) is a team of computer vision and sensor experts with a collective three decades of experience building sensors and sensor-driven products. Tangram's mission is to make it effortless to add sensors to vision-enabled products like robots and drones. Tangram is funded by top-tier venture capital investors, with offices in Colorado and California. Tangram is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on race, gender or gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin or genetic information.
Contact the job poster
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Integrate, Calibrate Perception Sensors For Robots, Drones & Automation