Technical Program Manager - Vehicle Platforms
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Over the last few years, there has been a rush to develop technologies targeted at enabling autonomous vehicles, yet almost every company in the industry is still retrofitting legacy vehicle platforms and many are no closer to having a finished product.
Faction was founded in February 2020 with a focus on developing a deployable software architecture and hardware reference for future digital vehicle platforms. While there has been significant autonomous industry investment in perception, decision making, and control systems, many companies remain focused on areas of active research versus productization.
As the Technical Program Manager for Vehicle Platforms, you will play a key role in coordinating our hardware and software projects along with working with our ecosystem partners.
What You’ll Do:
- Be the driving force to coordinate internal engineering, design, and external partners to deliver Faction enabled driverless vehicles
- Prioritize / manage / drive issues, risks and dependencies; resolve misalignments with overall scope and schedule
- Represent Faction in discussions with external component and OEM partner programs
- Drive creation or improvements in cross-functional processes as the company scales
What You'll Need:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 5-15 years of experience in Technical Program Management - working on complex hardware/software projects
- At least 3 years industry experience designing, writing, and maintaining production-level code before moving into Program Management
- Exceptional communication skills. Influence, collaborate, and deliver solutions in a fast moving startup environment
- Experience with driverless vehicles or robotics
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience with projects involving computer vision or machine learning
- Experience in the power sports or automotive industry
- Motorcycle or automotive enthusiast who’s also not afraid of turning a wrench on occasion
Faction is located in South San Francisco, California and authorization to work in the United States is required for this position.
Faction does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Your application has been successfully submitted.