Software Engineer - TeleAssist UX
This job is no longer accepting applications.
NOTE: not a remote position. We are working with the publisher to correct this information.
Over the last few years, there has been a rush to develop technologies targeted at enabling autonomous vehicles, yet almost every company in the industry is still retrofitting legacy vehicle platforms and many are no closer to having a finished product.
Faction was founded in February 2020 with a focus on developing a deployable software architecture and hardware reference for future digital vehicle platforms. While there has been significant autonomous industry investment in perception, decision making, and control systems, many companies remain focused on areas of active research versus productization.
TeleAssist™ is Faction’s driverless teleoperation system that allows for remote assistance of driverless vehicles. Unlike earlier generations of teleoperation systems, Faction’s approach is to have human operators and the autonomous systems work collaboratively.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with the TeleAssist platform team and UX team to develop a new front end experience for remote operation of driverless vehicles
- Use your past experience with 3D and VR rendering systems to present a new level of situational awareness to vehicle teleoperators
- Collaborate with the design team on both real-time and simulation environment experiences
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- At least 3 years industry experience designing, writing, and maintaining production-level code
- Expertise in C++, C#, and Python in a production environment
- Unreal Engine development experience
What Makes You Stand Out:
- VR application development knowledge
- Experience in automotive or robotics.
- Experience with peer-to-peer networking technologies (video, audio, data).
Faction is located in South San Francisco, California and authorization to work in the United States is required for this position.
Faction does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Your application has been successfully submitted.