Senior Software Engineer - Vehicle Motion Planning and Control
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Over the last few years, there has been a rush to develop technologies targeted at enabling autonomous vehicles, yet almost every company in the industry is still retrofitting legacy vehicle platforms and many are no closer to having a finished product.
Faction was founded in February 2020 with a focus on developing a deployable software architecture and hardware reference for future digital vehicle platforms. While there has been significant autonomous industry investment in perception, decision making, and control systems, many companies remain focused on areas of active research versus productization.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Planning and Control for our driverless vehicle platform.
What You'll Do:
- Build robust solutions to cutting-edge driving problems creatively and collaboratively
- Collaborate with other developers to make sure the system design is aligned with other parts of the vehicle platform and overall architecture
- Take responsibility for architectural design documentation of core system components related to the steering, braking, and emergency behavior systems
What You'll Need:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Robotics, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in at least one of: robotics planning and control (e.g., trajectory optimization, planning under uncertainty, probabilistic robotics, optimal control, guidance, navigation and control, etc.), data analysis at scale, machine learning at scale
- Experience in data structures and advanced algorithms
- Experience programming in C++
What Makes You Stand Out:
- MS degree in Computer Science, Robotics, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience solving software problems using geometry and linear algebra
- Experience writing robust, safety-critical, efficient code
Faction is located in South San Francisco, California and authorization to work in the United States is required for this position.
Faction does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Your application has been successfully submitted.