This job is no longer accepting applications.
Interested in working for a high-paced, rapidly growing organization that is trying to change the world? Universal Hydrogen’s mission is to decarbonize aviation, and we are seeking a resourceful, dedicated Executive Assistant with a proven track record for providing cross-functional support to a leadership team. You should enjoy anticipating the needs of the team and solving complex admin and operational issues before they even arise. On top of being the main support for leadership, you will also support the day-to-day operations at headquarters “on the runway” of Hawthorne Airport. The goal is simple: make our office environment the best it can be so that we can all thrive and change the world together.
About the Role
- Provide administrative support to the senior leadership as necessary, including scheduling appointments/meetings/reservations, maintaining calendars, creating reports, scanning/sending documents, etc.
- Submit expense reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Stay on top of quickly changing priorities, acting as a filter when needed
- Contribute to leadership meetings by taking notes and tracking action items
- Serve as main point of contact at headquarters for vendors, deliveries, and visitors
- Assist with supply ordering and inventory management
- Coordinate company events, from small lunches to large corporate events
- Help onboard new hires, and make all employees feel welcome, happy and supported
- Follow up and provide reminders on project deadlines, action items, and deliverables
- Problem solver and do-it-yourself attitude; must have a passion for the details
- Experience with providing direct support to senior executives (VP or C-Suite)
- Have worked in a start-up environment before, or have otherwise demonstrated an ability to lean into tasks, strive in an unstructured environment, and have a strong talent for multi-tasking
- Digitally savvy; experience with Google Workspace, Slack, and expense reporting software
At Universal Hydrogen, our mission is to fuel carbon-free flight and reduce the climate impact of air travel. We are stitching together the end-to-end hydrogen value chain for aviation, both for hydrogen fuel and hydrogen-powered airplanes. We are building a transport and logistics network that moves hydrogen from production facilities to airports over the existing freight infrastructure, eliminating the need for costly new pipelines and storage facilities. Our system utilizes specialized capsules that safely store hydrogen during transit and also act as modular fuel tanks that load directly onto aircraft. We are also developing powertrain conversion kits to retrofit existing airplanes and enable new airplanes to fly on hydrogen. Founded by former executives from Airbus, United Technologies, Google, and DARPA, and backed by investors such as Playground Global, JetBlue, Toyota, and Airbus, we are convinced that hydrogen is the best and only scalable solution to truly decarbonize aviation, and we want to bring it to market decades sooner—by 2025.
We strive for a culture that is empowered, collaborative, open, and human-centered. We are driven by a sense of urgency to address climate change through the near-term decarbonization of commercial aviation. We recognize that people have a diverse set of preferences for work conditions and hours that optimize for their overall productivity and wellness, and both our cloud-based IT setup and remote work policy reflects this. However, because we are building physical products, most roles will require working at our facility at Hawthorne Airport in Los Angeles most of the time.
Our compensation and benefits package promotes transparency, equitability, and long-term employee well-being, while rewarding individual and team performance. This includes cash bonuses and significant equity participation for all salaried employees, employer-paid health insurance coverage, generous parental leave, a pet-friendly headquarters located at Hawthorne Airport in Los Angeles, and generous paid time off. As a young company, we are actively working to expand the benefits we provide—including childcare, retirement, parental, and mental health benefits—and we’re always open to feedback on what’s most important to you.
We know that no two candidates are the same, and we want to give you the opportunity to present yourself in the best way possible. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can support a great recruitment process for you—whether that includes off-hours interview scheduling, captioning/transcription services, or other accommodations. We value diversity in all its forms, and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, especially if you share in our mission to decarbonize air travel.
Please note that for the health and safety of our employees, we require all employees to provide proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinations as recommended by the CDC (or a valid exemption).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Fueling Carbon-Free Flight